Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
I'm very happy with the RF 24-105/2.8 and 100-300/2.8, the two of them pair perfectly for indoor events, and as you suggest the 1.4x gives an excellent 140-420/4 for field sports, etc. The RF 10-20/4 is a great little lens

That is a really nice family portrait you have there!

I am also a bit taken by the relative size comparisons. The RF 10-20 had caught my eye as small, but I hadn't realized it was just a bit bigger than the 14-35. I had also been thinking the 100-400 might be Canon's replacement for the 70-300L, but was too tall to stand up vertically in my bag. But, looking at that, if it is too tall, it isn't by much.

The 24-105 f/2.8. I don't see much hype, but that is one sweet lens. Incredibly rapid AF, and great IQ. I already liked it a lot, but it is growing on me each time I use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
Lots of great points here. Regarding the astro lens: I'm not sure of any advantage of an RF lens in this category (stabilization and auto focus are not typically used). Sigma makes a great 14 mm f/1.8 lens with the EF mount, so all you need is the RF adapter.
I've rented the Sigma 14 on two occasions. Great lens. I also would consider the Sigma EF 20 f/1.4 lens as a great astro/nightscape lens. A friend owns one and I've borrowed it a couple of times. I had been hoping the shorter flange distance would allow for some real improvements for a wide angle and fast prime. Still waiting, but if I were to buy today, it would be one of the Sigmas.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
Canon is blocking most lens manufacturers from the RF mount, but you're all missing the weird collection of Laowa lenses:
If anyone has any comments on these alternative RF lenses, inquiring minds want to know.
Haha....no, I haven't played with a Laowa lens. But, I will say the block on 3rd party RF lenses has at least partially been lifted. We'll see where it goes. I know many have been clamoring for 3rd Party alternatives. Unless something unique really catches my eye, I'll tend to stick with Canon.