Hi there, I'm having some truble deciding what new lens to buy and I was hoping to get some advice.

I currently own a Canon D500, I have the original lens I got it with - EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. I bought the Canon EF 55mm f1.4 which I'm really happy with. My purpose now was to replace my 18-55 as a walkaround lens with something that would have at least the same picture quality over that range but hopefully that would offer me some extra range.

I'm going to buy a second hand lens and I'm willing to spend around 200-300$ (from what I've seen that goes to around a 500-650$ new lens)

I read a bunch of reviews but I would like some advice for my particular situation. I would use this lens as my primary lens when I'm traveling, or just walking around the town for some interesting scenes worth capturing.

My main options are:

EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS - seen some good reviews but I'm afraid the picture quality will suffer too much with such a large range. I particular remember reading that barrel distortion is quite large on this one.

EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM - I've read some contradictory reviews on this one, some say the picture quality is pretty good managing to get quite some sharp images, others have been harsher on the image quality on both the lower / higher end. The 28mm lower end worries me as well as I don't want to carry my 18-55 around.

What do you think I should get?

Thanks =]