Thread: My First Tripod. Recommendations please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    I can probably best answer this with a video (time 2:05). You push a button and pull it through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmenklsAZX8

Dave
    Dave, Excellent video.

I'm really beginning to like this set-up, but I've read some reviews which say it's a little on the heavy-side, which makes me think perhaps that's what I should spend a bit more to reduce? How much more am I looking at for an equivalent that's CF or some other more lightweight material?

It's also tall, I'm unlikely to need one that tall, will that get me something lighter? Or even cheaper?

btaylor, you're not wrong about there being millions of options. I might just pop into my local Jacobs and Jessops on Friday and see what they recommend, but I'm always wary of shops either not having practical knowledge, or being influenced by the company to push certain products.

Denise, you mentioned the short column for macro-work, would the moving column on the manfrotto have solved that for you without an extra purchase. It looks an excellent addition for me, as macro is something I could well be looking at in the future.
    Last edited by ham; 02-16-2012 at 10:16 PM.