Quote Originally Posted by conropl View Post
John:
I think you are probably correct, but I think their logic may be flawed. The probelm with targeting Rebel users is that they packaged all those Rebels with EF-S lenses. If they want to upgrade to a FF camera, then they need to unload their EF-S glass and start over. If you are going to push people to start over in there lens collection, then you better have a camera that out performs the compitition or you will drive them to the compitition. The way I look at the spec's, and I if needed to start over with new glass, then I would seriously be looking at Nikon to get better DR, AF, resolution, etc..

In the past when they designed decent upgrades for Rebel users (10D, 20D, 40D, 50D, 60D), they could still use their EF-S lenes... so it was still cheaper to maintain the Canon loyalty. And over time they would get a collection of better glass and eventually head towards FF if it suited them. This route to get Rebel users to jump to FF seems a bit risky and may force to jump to Nikon instead.
Thing is, if I'm a rebel user who's not serious at all, bought it because it's an expensive point and shoot, and have heard that I should have FF like the pros. Then I probably consider my EF-S lens as part of the camera, and I probably only have one.

If I'm going to upgrade, I'll be selling my kit bundled, and be buying a kit bundled. So unloading my EF-S glass is no more difficult than offloading the camera I'm upgrading from.

I'm a 60D owner, and I see no reason at all to upgrade to the 6D. If I needed/wanted to upgrade now, I'd go to Nikon.