I don't know how many forum users are professional or hobbyist photographers....perhaps both, but i need some advice.

I've never really did much advertising. The "business" started small and slow and just gradually grew over time. I wasn't looking at photography as a means to support the family. As i had a full time job and did the photography gig on the side. In fact, photography was just a hobby andsomehow i started getting paid. Still not sure how that happened.

I am moving in 6 months, 900miles away to charleston, sc. I do not have a job yet down there, as we are moving to be closer to the family...(the "n" laws family..ugh). I amlooking for a full time job,i want to start the photography business up again. Even though it wasn't enough alone to support the family, it was nice having the extra money. It was like having2 jobs andactuallyenjoying one of the jobs.

How much advertising does one do when starting all over again? And, in what ways do youget your name out there?

My plan right now wasto get my business card out at localhang outs....and perhaps putup a couple flyers atlocal schools (if that is even legal?).

Any advice?

Sig