Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Your Opinion Regarding Additional Forums

Re: Need Your Opinion Regarding Additional Forums

I like the forum just the way it is.

I agree with Don and Davidwhole heartedly!!! I view based on the latest forum posts. Every once in a while I search specific categories, but not often. Checking the forums multiple times a day, I do not feel it necessary to go to specific categories.

And yes ten recent posts instead of five would be amazing!

Frankly, I'm not sure there's really enough traffic on this forum to warrant additional sub categories. I think sub categories really only become useful when there's just so much posting going on that you've got pages of threads being posted to every day. For example, it's 6pm EDT, and so far today (18 hours into the day) only 12 threads have been posted to. So it makes it easy at a glance to see if there's any activity which is of interest. It also means that threads don't get pushed down very much which means it's not likely your thread will go unoticed because it gets pushed 3 pages back in less than a day. That just doesn't happen here.

I just use the "Not Read" page, so additional categories wouldn't make any differnce for me.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. I'll leave things as-is at this time.

I'm having many problems with the forum software right now. After months of effort, support gave up - told me I would have to wait until the next release. I just got word yesterday that the new release becomes available next week. I don't know if I'm ready to be the first site on the new software, but ... I probably won't wait too long before upgrading.

When the upgrade happens, things might look a little different -improved I expect- and I may have more configuration options at that time. I'll increase the number of posts showing if that is an option.

Thanks,

Bryan