Thread: I cant get my pictures on the computer!

I cant get my pictures on the computer!

I just got my new Canon REbel T1i... and i might sound stupid for asking but here it goes! I keep imported the my pictures onto the computert with the USB cord but as soon as its done it says the pictures are invalid... i can download them into to my Canon 'image browser' software that came with the Camera but i cant put them online or edit them... anyone no how do this???? thank you!!!

Re: I cant get my pictures on the computer!

I can only guess that you are looking at the RAW files, you need to convert them to JPG first (you can do that with the Canon software), then you'll be able to put them online.

ok thank you so much... ill try that.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to see you've got the new Rebel.

Anyway, I would suggest buying an SD (?) card reader from which to get your photos. I think this will become a lot more efficient. It's a little device that you put the card into to get your images on to your computer.

First I would consider simply copying and pasting your photos onto your hard drive. For editing/organizing, I highly suggest Adobe's Lightroom 2.0 software. You can organize large amounts of photos, delete the bad ones, and keep the good ones. Also, you can organize your photos based on date, camera used, lens used, etc. You can also tweak things like exposure, contrast, and saturation. For e-mail or online use, Lightroom allows you to change the quality at which your images are saved. I tend to use a lower quality setting for online use - the uploading times are much faster.

Anyway, I hope I helped you out. Have fun with the Rebel, and don't forget to use it in Manual (M) mode! []

yes you have thank you!