Thread: Canon R3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb, but probably because the difference is not big. I have never really seen read noise being very inconsistent with a well lit image, from my limited experience. For lack of better words, if your camera in question well lit noise levels are a 10 and the next model is a 12. The read noise might be 8 and 10 respectively. This obviously is a gross oversimplification and doesn't translate well in real life. I don't think it would be a 5 and a 10, if you know what I mean. In this instance.

Now I'm not talking about cameras with maybe radically different sensors or dramatically different generations. I would expect to see more inconsistencies with well lit noise and read noise when comparing different cameras. But just seeing how close the 1Dx III vs the 3R is in well lit noise examples I doubt the difference would be huge. But I would guess you would start revealing more differences between the two.

Maybe that is something Bryan could do and one up his already outstanding reviews!
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 12-22-2021 at 02:41 AM.