Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Took the Plunge

Re: Took the Plunge

Congratulation!

I got mine a few months ago and just love it! I got IS version but that is just because I am a girl with shaky hands and even this sucker is heavy for me. Before I got it, I tested the one you got when I borrowed it from my friend and loved, loved it. It's a great lens and with enough space behind subject can create nice bookeh too, I got some great shots from this lens.

Great decision [Y]

I got mine about a month ago.

You have nothing to be comforted about. Congratulations are more in order here.

Rest assured though, you'll be happy.

I borrwed $270 from my parents and spent the past monthdoing yardwork and washing dishes to pay back the borrowed $$$. It was well worth it.

You'll absolutely love the lens.

Congrats![][]

It's a great piece of equipment. I'm happy for you, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsecretary

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burkett

Learn to use it is very very good advice. Great photos don't come automatically, even with great glass.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

True! But it does help

Double truth, feeling confident with your kit helps a lot if you have the eye for a great photo

Congratulations...... and all the very best...... that's good glass that you picked up....

Got the lens... You all could not have been more right about how great it is.... It is an immmediately satisfying purchase and is lightyears beyond my old tammy lens. Thanks for your support all..
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]I'm jealous I waited until I was married with a kid on the way, to really get into photography. Just to think of all of the money I wasted on stereo equipment, CDs and guns when I was a young single Marine [:'(].<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]Never was much of a drinker but<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I prefer Guinness or Killians and they ain&rsquo;t cheap.

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

I'm waiting a few weeks, then going to pickup the 2.8 IS if they haven't announced a 2.8 HIS?

But grats on the purchase .. good to hear it's treating you well!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]I'm jealous I waited until I was married with a kid on the way, to really get into photography. Just to think of all of the money I wasted on stereo equipment, CDs and guns when I was a young single Marine [:'(].<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"]

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"]Never was much of a drinker but<span style="mso-spacerun: yes"] I prefer Guinness or Killians and they ain&rsquo;t cheap.

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000000; font-size: 9pt;"]

It's got to have been great getting into photography with your child on the way and be doing it as he/she is growing up. Stuff that you missed would have been gone forever.

Dave,

I have the same lens and absolutely love it. I too am on a budget, I have to get my better half's approval ;-)

I chose this lens because it was the best balance of price and quality, that allowed me to shoot my main subject, my daughter playing soccer (my apologies to those outside the US). I'm sure I would appreciate the IS if I had it but honestly I don't miss it much due to the way I use the lens.

Enjoy it!

David