Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who thinks new Canon teleconverters will be out soon??

Re: Who thinks new Canon teleconverters will be out soon??

What do you think the current SHARPEST "ultra-wide angle" is for APS-C.... not necessarily the fastest or widest but the sharpest?

Jordan, from what I've heard, the Canon EF-S 10-22 beats all of the competition, but the Tokina 11-16 and 12-24 are sharp, also. I don't know much about the new Sigma and Tamron lenses.

Yeah, I posted a discussion about this topic a few days ago... I don't want to get the Canon for two reasons... one it's more expensive ($750) and two, I've used it and don't find it to be as sharp as I'd like. I haven't used ANY of the others though.. but I'm leaning toward the 11-16 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan

Yeah, I posted a discussion about this topic a few days ago... I don't want to get the Canon for two reasons... one it's more expensive ($750) and two, I've used it and don't find it to be as sharp as I'd like. I haven't used ANY of the others though.. but I'm leaning toward the 11-16 2.8

I don't know how sharp you need it to be... I can show you one example of one of my pictures with a friends tamron 10-24. I will post the raw file in a .rar so you can download it and see for yourself.

Keep in mind that there is also motionblur, and I used a polariser.

Here it is:

http://www.fruityview.nl/triathlon.rar