Thread: Life of a Canon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Life of a Canon

I wouldn't worry about the shutter count. It will most likely last longer than you own the camera, regardless of it's current shutter count. Of course, it could go out at anytime. But I wouldn't worry about it.

That really stinks that it seems you will be without your camera until November (if I am reading your post correctly). Cross your fingers and hope they get the board in and get your camera repaired before you leave.

Thank you, TucsonTRD.

Yes, my priority is to get my Canon 40D repaired before leaving.

I brought it to the Canon assistance on 17th March and up to this afternoon they didn't have received yet the new main circuit to replace !! Unbelievable!

I'm quite furious. The camera stuck and broke down suddenly at mid-February (while I was in France) and I couldn't repair it there.

I do hope to receive good news :-) otherwise I must go on shooting with my very basic Nikon coolpix S1... (I did miracles with it anyway).

I want to thank you all for your kind and valuable replies.

I got my Canon 40D back yesterday. The damaged main circuit couldn't allow the technician to discover how many shots the camera took. I'm not worried about the shutter unit. I simply go on in shooting :-) I'm happy to have my baby back. Now I can leave (today) !