Thread: Lens recommendation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lens recommendation

I did try varying focal lengths and the 24-105 will cover everything I need. Plus I can always move back if I need to =) And yes, I will be replacing the kit lens soon. I seem to be stuck between the 24-105 and the 24-70.

Quote Originally Posted by Baker

I seem to be stuck between the 24-105 and the 24-70.
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Both are great lenses. If you are going to be shooting mostly outdoors go with the 24-105. If you will be shooting indoors the 2.8 of the 24-70 will come in useful. Indoors you will find 24mm to not be quite wide enough some times with your crop sensor.

Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston

In addition to considering rentals, perhaps you can use this opportunity to get your boss to pay for a reasonably priced new lens.

That would be awesome but unfortunately I don't see that happening anytime soon []

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

Both are great lenses. If you are going to be shooting mostly outdoors go with the 24-105. If you will be shooting indoors the 2.8 of the 24-70 will come in useful. Indoors you will find 24mm to not be quite wide enough some times with your crop sensor.

I will be doing a lot of both. Landscapes, the occasional portrait, and my little brothers basketball games are usually what I shoot. I would love to get the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II but that's a bit our of my price range [:P]