Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ? about the activity @ the bottom of Community Home page

Re: ? about the activity @ the bottom of Community Home page

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72

Photographer humor aside[img]/emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img], anyone really understand what is going on?

I am sure this site gets its share of bots and spammers. I would imagine that the ratio to people that use the site compared to the ones who actualy use the forum is very high. Some reasons people would join and not ever post:

Someone using this site that searchs the forum to gain insight might want to look at a paticular posters Bio to see if the poster has credibility or not, for instance if we couldn't look at Neuro's biowe might not know he actulay has an MP-E 65mm that he can take 5x pictures of brains with. You have to join to view Bio's

Someone might join thinking they might get email or twitter updates.

Someone might join and never post, just because they find this a very resourcefull site.

I don't think any of it is any more malicious than any other site on the net.

Re: ? about the activity @ the bottom of Community Home page

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

I don't think any of it is any more malicious than any other site on the net.

I agree with you on this part.However when you look back further in time in the what's going on section you'll notice that these strange accounts are only joining since short. Monday or so..

So it could be advisable for the forum admins to keep an eye out incase the increase of malicious accounts speedens up.