Thread: Photos of Santorini, Greece

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Photos of Santorini, Greece

Love the first shot. Amazing colors.

Very lovely indeed, however, I do think that especially the third picture would benefit greatly from a circular polarizer..

(So perhaps it's a good idea to gothere again)

It is my wife and I's dream to go back and stay for at least for a week. Though she may get mad at me again for taking a lot of pictures. As you can tell Santorini is a very beautiful place to visit. The 1,800ft tall volcanic crater cliffs allows for some really breath taking scenery. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Here are a few more pictures from our visit.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8078.IMG_5F00_0907.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8688.IMG_5F00_0889.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2630.IMG_5F00_0870.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4101.IMG_5F00_0854.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2821.IMG_5F00_0846.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3582.IMG_5F00_0827.JPG[/img]

Beautiful..

Lots of bright, white coming off of those buildings. Were you using spot metering?

Great shots! My favorite little detail is the pair of windmills in the mix. Haven't seen any quite like them before.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Nice pictures !

Did they tell you that two months earlier a ship had sunk under there ?

en.wikipedia.org/.../MS_Sea_Diamond

Here are my pic

No spot metering or anything, I was using a simple Canon point and shoot digital camera. I would love to go back with my DSLR Nikon and take pictures.

The vibrant colors are a local tradition. The blue tops on the local churches are to ward of bad spirits. The churches were built by different families of fisherman.

Welcome Lancer and Very nice pictures, especially for a point and shoot!

You brought back some nice memories from when I went to Mykonos, Greece many years ago, for about 10 days which was another great place to visit. I really enjoyed my time there as the night life, food, and beaches were all wonderful and the architecture is the same since these are sister Islands. I'm sure your cruise ship must of stopped there as well.

I didn't have an SLR with me either. Bummer!

Rich

Richard,

Unfortunately I didn