Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos of Santorini, Greece

Photos of Santorini, Greece

The pictures below are from my wife and I's honeymoon in June of 2007. We took a two week Mediterranean cruise. The islands of Santorini were our favorite stop during the entire trip. The main island of Thira is where we visited. The pictures were taken in the main town of Thira and the famously picturesque village of Oia. All the pictures were taken on a simple Canon point and shoot since at the time I did not have a DSLR. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3683.IMG_5F00_0839.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2086.IMG_5F00_0843.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/0131.IMG_5F00_0865.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1667.IMG_5F00_0858.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5047.IMG_5F00_0925.JPG[/img]

Re: Photos of Santorini, Greece

B-E-A-utiful.

Wow---Simply Wow---
    Bob

I want to go......soon.

Love the first shot. Amazing colors.

Very lovely indeed, however, I do think that especially the third picture would benefit greatly from a circular polarizer..

(So perhaps it's a good idea to gothere again)

It is my wife and I's dream to go back and stay for at least for a week. Though she may get mad at me again for taking a lot of pictures. As you can tell Santorini is a very beautiful place to visit. The 1,800ft tall volcanic crater cliffs allows for some really breath taking scenery. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Here are a few more pictures from our visit.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8078.IMG_5F00_0907.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8688.IMG_5F00_0889.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2630.IMG_5F00_0870.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4101.IMG_5F00_0854.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2821.IMG_5F00_0846.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3582.IMG_5F00_0827.JPG[/img]

Beautiful..

Lots of bright, white coming off of those buildings. Were you using spot metering?

Great shots! My favorite little detail is the pair of windmills in the mix. Haven't seen any quite like them before.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Nice pictures !

Did they tell you that two months earlier a ship had sunk under there ?

en.wikipedia.org/.../MS_Sea_Diamond

Here are my pic

No spot metering or anything, I was using a simple Canon point and shoot digital camera. I would love to go back with my DSLR Nikon and take pictures.

The vibrant colors are a local tradition. The blue tops on the local churches are to ward of bad spirits. The churches were built by different families of fisherman.