Thread: Best flash mount

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Best flash mount

Hi
    I have two 580 EX II and two 430EX II flashes, I am looking for a good flash mount, any suggestions please?
    Thanks in advance

A good flash mount for what? On camera? On lightstand for use with softbox?
    What camera are you using?
    Mark

I have 5D mark II and ST-E2 to remotely trigger the flashes, I want to mount them on a stand

Quote Originally Posted by gandhi View Post
    Hi
    I have two 580 EX II and two 430EX II flashes, I am looking for a good flash mount, any suggestions please?
    Thanks in advance
    I have two of the Flashpoint stands that I purchased from Adorama and found the quality very good and excellant price:

Here it is: http://www.adorama.com/LTSP85ACH.html . If you go with the cheaper ones, they will work but not as smooth and not as sturdy as this one.

If you plan to use umbrellas or even improve the directional otions, don't forget the umbrlla adapters--they are great for things other than umbrellas.

Here is one that is fairly priced and very good quality: http://www.adorama.com/BG2905.html I have had cheaper ones but they break easily.

Good luck,

Bob
    Bob

I have a pair of Manfrotto 1051BAC stands and the 026 umbrella swivels Bob linked. The 1051 has a small footprint (2' diameter) useful in small spaces. I also have a pair of 1052BAC stands (3' diameter footprint) for heavier modifiers or outdoors with a breeze.

Another great option that I use are a pair of Manfrotto Justin clamps - mount a flash and clamp it to a bookcase, railing, etc.

Another great option that I use are a pair of Manfrotto Justin clamps - mount a flash and clamp it to a bookcase, railing, etc.
    John, I am going to have to put those on my "needed gadget list" Just to return the favor: Take a look at these:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...costumerReview

If you combine them with umbrella adapters and hot shoe/cold shoe, there is almost nowhere you can't point light at----I use these for all kinds things---especially for postioning lights for my hummingbirds.

Sorry Gandhi, I didn't mean to sidetrack your post.
    Bob

I've just got some cheap chinese Arca-Swiss plates from ebay, and screwed them onto the base-plate that came with the flash.
    For $5 I wouldn't trust them to hold up and expensive camera/lens rig, but they can handle a flash fine. Add another cheap arca-swiss clamp to my Gorillapod and I can mount a flash anywhere...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Personally, I find the Lumopro product line to be just right in terms of quality and price. Here are a few of my favorites:

LP633 Umbrella Swivel
    LP634 Umbrella Swivel
    LP638 Spring Clamp
    LP653 Studio Clamp