Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigma 120-300 f2.8 APO EX DG OS vs Canon 70-300 IS L USM

" BTW my first post was more directed towards the 70-300mm L than the 70-200mm, I would not be as strong against the 70-200mm as the 70-300mm.2.8 "

Ahhh that makes a lot more sense I definitely misinterpreted that. Even though the original post was between the sigma and the canon 70-300 I kind of talked myself out of the 70-300 because like you said it's slow for a 300 at 5.6.

Manual focus at 600mm?? I thought I had a low keeper rate with my Samyang 35 must be so rewarding when you nail a shot, you wouldn't have a link I could see some of your minoltas shots from would you? Just for curiosities sake, I've heard it's quiet a special lens with a skilled photographer behind it. I certainly would be happy with a 1dx or 1d iv with a cheeky 600mm ii on the end. but for now with my student budget I think I'll stop fussing and just get the 70-200. Save up for a longer fast lens in the future. Or even the 300 non-is sounds like a good one to look for.
    Cheers guys have fun shooting

Here is are some pictures taken with it.

[IMG][/IMG]

BTW, these are much sharper on my computer than the uploaded images.

"I thought I had a low keeper rate with my Samyang 35 must be so rewarding when you nail a shot,"

Actually not so much, when I nail a BIF then it's a different story. I might get half or more in focus for BIF

John.
    Last edited by FastGass; 09-10-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    Amateurs worry about gear, pros about the pay, masters about the light, and I just take pictures!