Results 2,851 to 2,860 of 3961

Thread: Post your best current shots

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar
    key deer.

shot with 5dii and 24-105 @ 24mm

Quote Originally Posted by nvitalephotography View Post
    key deer.

Wow, shot at 24mm. How did you get so close?

key deer.

The nose looks huge when it is licking your lens.
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickH View Post
    Wow, shot at 24mm. How did you get so close?
    Key deer are endemic to just a couple of islands in the Florida keys and therefore are extremely well protected. Which means the deer have no fear of people and will walk right up to you.
    Last edited by nvitalephotography; 05-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Key deer are endemic to just a couple of islands in the Florida keys and therefore are extremely well protected. Which means the deer have no fear of people and will walk right up to you.
    This demonstrates the value of good public relations - Key Deer are technically an invasive species - stunted Virginia White Tails - and could be eradicated pretty quickly but.... there so much like Bambi.... unlike the Norwegian Wood Rat. :P
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    This demonstrates the value of good public relations - Key Deer are technically an invasive species - stunted Virginia White Tails - and could be eradicated pretty quickly but.... there so much like Bambi.... unlike the Norwegian Wood Rat. :P
    They are considered a subspecies of the White tail deer, and they are believed to be small because of stunting due limited resources on the islands. So yes, they are classified as the same species. However they have been in the keys and small in size since long before people were here so to call them an invasive species is simply incorrect and so would eradication, as they do play a vital role in the local ecosystem. (more info here for anyone interested)

They do tend to spark a lot of debate among people though, an interesting study has been done about this conflict.
    Last edited by nvitalephotography; 05-30-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Mossy stump, a mini-landscape

1DX
    500mm f/4L IS USM + 1.4 TC, hand held.
    ISO 1600
    f/5.6
    1/400
    No flash

Hey all. I literally have hundreds of gigabytes of photos to edit from this trip so far but occasionally I know I've found something special so I edit it straight away instead of waiting until I get through the previous ones. This was a week or so ago on the Côte d' Azure on the Southern French coast, just near Marseille. Anyway, I waited a little while for the sun to play nice as the weather was a bit stormy on this day and this is what I managed to get.

Take care everyone. BT

Les Goudes by Ben__Taylor, on Flickr
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post
    Hey all. I literally have hundreds of gigabytes of photos to edit from this trip so far but occasionally I know I've found something special so I edit it straight away instead of waiting until I get through the previous ones. This was a week or so ago on the Côte d' Azure on the Southern French coast, just near Marseille. Anyway, I waited a little while for the sun to play nice as the weather was a bit stormy on this day and this is what I managed to get.

Take care everyone. BT

Beautiful colors \ sharp with great dof......would make a fabulous print.

Quote Originally Posted by btaylor View Post

Take care everyone. BT

I'm not usually drawn to landscapes, but I really like this one. I was immediately drawn to it – to study it. And it just looks like a place I want to be.

Great shot Ben. Looking forward to the next.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD