Thread: Best walkaround lens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best walkaround lens

Interesting idea, reminds me of the days when all I had was a 50mm 'standard' lens. Yes, it does improve your technique by forcing you to be more thoughtful about compostion etc., but (and a very big but), I wouldn't fancy trying to get a closeup shot of a cape buffalo or an elephant with a 24mm lens! I'd rather be a nice safe distance away hiding behind a 200mm or 300mm hunk of glass[]

Apart from wildlife photography though, Asmodai's suggestion does have a lot of merit!

Quote Originally Posted by cian3307

I wouldn't fancy trying to get a closeup shot of a cape buffalo or an elephant with a 24mm lens! I'd rather be a nice safe distance away hiding behind a 200mm or 300mm hunk of glass[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

You and I are very, very different people [:P]

Quote Originally Posted by asmodai

Quote Originally Posted by cian3307

I wouldn't fancy trying to get a closeup shot of a cape buffalo or an elephant with a 24mm lens! I'd rather be a nice safe distance away hiding behind a 200mm or 300mm hunk of glass[img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

You and I are very, very different people [img]/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    Heh heh, if you're saying what I think you're saying, the big difference between us is life expectancy - mine will be considerably longer than yours!!!![][]