Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Filter is the Best?

Re: Which Filter is the Best?

haha I still manage to have fun. And knowing that I am funding upgrades to my kit while I work is a great way to stay positive on the job. Even if I am still clearing leftover Indian food off of plates. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger
    Even if I am still clearing leftover Indian food off of plates.

I thought I had it bad in college, eating potatoes and ramen to save money, but eating other peoples' leftovers to have money for photography is *really* hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    but eating other peoples' leftovers to have money for photography is *really* hardcore.

I think there's a misunderstanding, Daniel. If there isn't and that is the joke, haha.

But Rodger, you're in high shool?

hahah I still have the comfort of home cooked meals for one more year till I go to college. Doubtless I will be taking the ramen noodlesapproachto college dining.

I hope you know I meant I wash the dishesat an Indianrestaurant!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning

Even if I am still clearing leftover Indian food off of plates.

I thought I had it bad in college, eating potatoes and ramen to save money, but eating other peoples' leftovers to have money for photography is *really* hardcore.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I ate leftover pizza I found in the trash cans (it was less than 24 hours old, and I looked for spit, and it was still in the box), but my obsession at the time was stereo equipment. Coincidentally, I had trouble getting girls to talk to me in that period of my life.... Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Colin
    With digital photography, does anybody see a use for non-multi-coated filters?

You can give them to poor students that spent the last 3 days looking for a second job to fun a 70-200 and strobe kit [img]/emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

That's what Adorama wanted to do with them too, but I didn't want to just give them away to strangers.

What filter sizes do you need? I'll look and see if I've got anything you might find useful. If you want it, it's yours, IF you promise to use them. I don't want to just give them away for somebody else to sell. I've got some B+W non-multi-coated as well, but I think they're all 77mm, which means you'll need to be going the 2.8 route for your 70-200, I believe..... []

Oh no I would use them for sure. But if you would rather sell them that is completely understandable.

You're right. My current filter sizes are 52mm, 58mm and will be 67mm. (Ahh I'd love f/2.8 for my 70-200 but I see a strobe kit + f/4 as moreusefulat the moment).

If you have any that fit my sizes and feel generous the email is obleyr@gmail.com

I've only got a 52mm Calumet in that range...

Yours if you want it.

Speaking of Calumet, I see their filters are on sale right now and I don't know anything about them. What do people know as far as image quality, durability and cleanability? Thanks.

Promaster filters are currently made by Hoya. The Promaster MC line is the same as Hoyas.