As most of you know, I have been trying to find an inexpensive tripod with an angled center column to use exclusively for tabletop macro shots and macro shots in my flower gardens. Well, last week I ordered one but what they sent me was not the model with the angled center column so back it went!

Last night I received an email from Outdoor Photo Gear advertising this new utility arm that attaches to my existing CF tripod so I went ahead and ordered one. Scary thing is, even on Vanguard's website they didn't say how much weight it will hold but by the photos, it will hold more than what I will be using., I think.

http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/stor...eid=9dc0a08527

It looks like it may just work at half the price of a cheap new tripod plus I can put a flash directly on the other end or attach my super clamp and flex arm to that end with a flash. That would also help I think when the orioles and hb's return in a month or so. What do you think Bob ...will it work for the hb's?

Eventually, when money flows more freely again, I hope to replace my current CF tripod and head with a CF model that has an angled arm but here's hoping this will work in the meantime! I'm on a roll lately for buying and returning since these lower budget deals are proving to lower budget useless junk! Yesterday, I just returned a Cowboy Studio 5-in-1 Multi Disk reflector, compact holder and light stand set. The stand and the arm didn't even go together (wrong arm in the box).

Denise