Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lenses for sale...and call me NUTZ

Re: lenses for sale...and call me NUTZ

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

KEH has two 1D-MK3's for $3249

I have found them to be honest and gives a good warranty.

Mark
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Even better, Adorama has a referb for $2999.

http://www.adorama.com/ICA1DM3R.html?searchinfo=Canon%20Refurbished&amp;i tem_no=4

Mark

I'd love to have a 1DIII. I have been talking myself out of the refurb at adorama for months now. But I would never part with my 5DII for it though. I would like the 1D for the weather sealing, autofocus and shutter response which doesn't play to large in what I do but it comes up every so often.

The only time I have an issue with the outer points on the 5DII is in low light. If I'm in decent light it is pretty dead on.

<p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Verdana;"]I ordered a refurb from Adorama whenfirst noticed them ontheir web site a little over a year ago. I returned it after 4 days and ordered a NEW BODY. I called Canon <st1:country-region w:st="on"]<st1lace w:st="on"]USA</st1lace></st1:country-region> and spoke at length to their customer service dept about how a camera comes to be a refurb or recon. Basically Canon does not track each serial number after it becomes a refurb so they cannot say if it was a focus issue, a battery issue, a shutter issue, etc. that finally made it a refurb. Canondoes not even track is the recalls where done on the 1D's before they became refurbs. Long story short the refurbs look new but still may have some sort a flaw in them. There have been several posts by reputable contributors that say the refurbs are great, but me personally, I don't trust them. Just my take on refurbs.

I do want to add Adorama was very nice in assisting me with the original return. I had ZERO problems with them. Just the camera.

<p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]A refurbished unit from Adorama Camera may be an ex-store demo, possibly used in field tests or sales displays, or it may have been ordered in error and returned to the retailer (who can't then sell it as 'new' so it has to be sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishment).
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<span style="mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]A refurb can also have simply been pulled from the production line if something appears faulty, or if it hasn't passed the final inspection. Most of the time it is a very minor issue that needs correcting, nevertheless, once it is pulled from the normal flow of production, it gets flagged as a refurbished model, so you may get a unit straight from the factory that has never been used.
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<span style="mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]A refurbished item will have been checked over by the manufacturer by hand, inspected very thoroughly, diagnosed, and calibrated by experienced technicians, and could therefore turn out to be more dependable than a new item - which will only have been checked by a process of systematic quality control protocol (ie by random sampling as it comes off the conveyor belt).
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]In the past Adorama warranted Canon refurbished for 90 days; since 1st May, all Canon refurbished products from Adorama come with a 1 year return-to-Adorama warranty; 14 days from date of receipt for a full refund, and the balance for repair or replacement. <span style="mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]However, as you noted above, asto the individual history of a single item, the honest answer is we have no way of knowing. Refurbished equipment is not like new inventory; the manufacturers contactus when they have a batch to sell,and the availability is unpredictable. However, if you were to ask my personal opinion on whether the equipment that Adorama offers as refurbishedis typically less than a year old, based on the regularity with which we receive batches, I'd be inclined to think it is all relatively new.
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]I hope this helps.<span style="mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]
    I do want to add Adorama was very nice in assisting me with the original return. I had ZERO problems with them. Just the camera.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]

I'm delighted to hear it! However, please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future.

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000099; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]Sincerely<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]Helen <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Oster
    <span class="goog-spellcheck-word"]Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o></o>

<span style="color: #000000;"]<st1ersonname w:st="on"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1ersonname><span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<span style="color: #000000;"]www.adorama.com<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]

<p class="MsoNormal"]
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: #000099; font-size: 9pt; mso-bidi-font-family: Tahoma; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<o></o>
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    Helen@adorama.com

You have some pretty great lenses that you are trying to sell....why give it up to get a 1D MIII body....just save up for a little while and then you will have a back up body and won't have to change lenses that often. I have a 1D MIII and have the 70-200 f4 L IS USM on it 90% of the time. My 24-105 f4 L IS USM is glued to my 5D MII.