Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lens Rentals Review of the 24-70 II

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    From my walk through the samples - Sample 1 is substantially better lens. Sample 2 needs to go back - check out the sample 2 at 35mm compared to the version 1 24-70 - certainly would inspire my dropping the extra dough.
    At shorter focal lenghts, copy 1 does a little better, longer focal lengths copy 2 is much better (copy 1 at 70 is almost bad in IMO). I would be tempted to send 1 back. But comparing to the Version 1 of the lens, you are right, at 35 mm V1 is much better than V2. The fact that this is counter to Rogers tests (granted, he looked at 24/70 mm) and the few photo comparisons I've seen, it makes me concerned that Bryan received two bad copies and about quality control at this point.

Bryan's comments today were disappointing, two bad lenses;
    http://www.the-digital-picture.com/N...aspx?News=3081

This is part of the reason I waited to order. Once I do get one I can already see that I need to set aside several hours of testing to see if it lives up to what I the performance I would expect at $2300. What is frustrating about this is that most of us do not have the resources and tools that Bryan has to test. For instance my tests would all be 24x70 vs the lens I own now that I could compare to, to see if I was getting comparable performance.