Thread: Canon 5Dc vs 5DII

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canon 5Dc vs 5DII

Hello! First the disclaimer: This thread shall start as a highly hypothetical I heard/read something somewhere and want to know what the people opinions on this site are about that, and then it must evolve into a thread with scientifically proven arguments...

So after owning a 5Dc for a (very) short period of time I was really impressed by the overall IQ of the pictures I took with the camera! Now I'll get me a 5DII and will be looking forward to see how well the IQ of the Mark II will be (also compared to the 5Dc).

Anyway, the reason I opened this thread is because I read on a fair amount of bulletin boards (I know you can't believe anything written on them ;-) that the 5D has a more film like look than the 5DII (I don't talk about some magic or whatever what you can read as well). Now assuming that this forum posters, which say the 5Dc has this more film like look, aren't just some 5Dc owners which want to make their camera look better and are jealous of the 5DII owners, how can it be that they attribute this film like look to the pictures of the 5Dc?

The only reason I can imagine is that the 5Dc has the highest pixel size of all canon cameras (8.2µm), well together with the 1D II which has the same pixel size, and isn't true that you can read the same on the boards, that the 1D II has this film like look as well?

Can it be that simple?
    Last edited by criza; 10-08-2012 at 07:30 PM.