Thread: Photokina

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Photokina

Hi All -

This is my first time following the happenings @ Photokina. Will Canon still announce any new lenses this week or is this it?! I thought there was talk of other lenses coming out stillbut so far, it looks like just what we had already heard about from Bryan over the last few weeks.

Denise

Re: Photokina

Canon could possibly announce the the 1Ds Mark IV, but some reports suggest that won't happen for a while. Who knows, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Canon could possibly announce the the 1Ds Mark IV, but some reports suggest that won't happen for a while. Who knows, though?
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Yeah, I thought there would be another camera announced and a couple more lenses. I didn't know if it all happens on opening day or throughout the week.

We'll see, I guess. Not that I have any major cash flow right now anyway

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Yeah, I thought there would be another camera announced and a couple more lenses. I didn't know if it all happens on opening day or throughout the week.

We'll see, I guess. Not that I have any major cash flow right now anyway

I am with you Denise, Though I am not in a position to buy right now, Its always fun to add to my B&amp;H wish list.

Bob

Bob

I'm following the news as well, no big news from Canon so far. We'll see, but I don't have high expectations of major announcements from Canon...

There are some other nice announcements though...pretty cool to follow []

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky
    no big news from Canon so far

Obviously, you missed the MOST IMPORTANT new product from Canon...the X Mark I Mouse. It's a calculator. It's a mouse. It's got Bluetooth. It's made from recycled Canon copiers. It's freakin' awesome!!

[:P]

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

This is my first time following the happenings @ Photokina. Will Canon still announce any new lenses this week or is this it?!
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Hi Denise,

My first time following Photokina too. I don't know if you've been over to canonrumors.com or dpreview.com, but they have some nice reports. Following their forums a little, canon users don't appear to be too happy. I think everyone was expecting, or at leasthoping, for some additional announcements that don't seem to be coming. But as one person pointed out, 5 new lenses is pretty much a typical year for canon. Too bad that it appears that no one was looking for any of the new lenses []. So hopefully the other four new lenses are as much of a hit as the 70-200 f/2.8 IS II. People do seem impressed by a picture of someone holding the 400 mm f/2.8 IS II in one hand. So the weight reduction appears palpable.

Brant