Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't post to this forum with my iPhone? / Why dosen't someone write a "the-digital-picture.com" app?

Can't post to this forum with my iPhone? / Why dosen't someone write a "the-digital-picture.com" app?

I seem to be able to do practicaly everything on my iPhone 4 but posting to this forum is not one of them. Anyone figure out a workaround?
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Re: Can't post to this forum with my iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811
    Anyone figure out a workaround?

There isn't one. Like some (but not all) forums, the posting function is based on Java. The iPhone doesn't support Java. Pretty much the end of the story, unless Apple adds Java support to the iPhone. <span style="font-family: 'Lucida Grande'; border-collapse: collapse; white-space: pre-wrap;"]You can submit feedback to Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html.

Well, I posted a complaint but I ain't holding my breath.

-----------------

HMMM...Why don't someone write a "the-digital-picture.com" app? Surely someone here has the know how? I mean even a local restaurant here has one.
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Re: Can't post to this forum with my iPhone? / Why dosen't someone write a "the-digital-picture.com" app?

I've been annoyed by this too. Apple wants everything to be html 5, which is still underdevelopment..... ...

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist

There isn't one. Like some (but not all) forums, the posting function is based on Java.

Are you talking about this site? Because the forum here surely does not rely on Java, at least not client-side...

(I have Java disabled in all my web-browsers since just about forever; only very few sites rely on client-side Java applets.)

(At the moment, my greatest problem with the forum here is that I frequently get a 503 error when trying to access it.)

Ciao, Colin

Re: Can't post to this forum with my iPhone? / Why dosen't someone write a "the-digital-picture.com" app?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811

I seem to be able to do practicaly everything on my iPhone 4 but posting to this forum is not one of them. Anyone figure out a workaround?

Test -- on my iPod touch.

Hm, the regular edit-field doesn't work, but the other one, for the html-code, does.

Not particularly useful.

Colin

Add the iPad into that as well. Perhaps it is a flash issue. Apple iOS still does not support flash.

Not Flash, certainly. I doubt that Apple will ever allow Flash on the iOS, unless/until Adobe comes up with a full (vs. lite) version that isn't a resource hog.

I use vBulletin software on my site's forums and it works with iPhone and iPad just fine. I wonder how this software on this site is handling the reply fields. It appears to me that iOS does not see it as a text field and thus does not prompt for text entry. Oh well.