<span style="font-size: medium;"]As the title says, which filter do you think is the best filter?

<span style="font-size: medium;"]I know B&amp;W MRC filters are the most reowned filters on the market. But as long as a filter is multi-coated I'm having a hard time to observe any difference at all in real life usage. I use Hoya Super HMC filters on most of my lenses including the 16-35/2.8L II (Which is supposed to suffer the most) and I don't see how the Hoya filters are worse than the B&amp;Ws.

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Hoya is at half price of the B&amp;W filters. It is noticeable when both filters are placed on a table under fluorescent light, the B&amp;W MRC filter reflect slightly less light than the Hoya Super HMC. Comparing B&amp;W MRC to Hoya Pro1 D, the difference becomes almost indistinguishable. The color of the light being reflected is different, with B&amp;W being bluish and Hoya being greenish, but the amount of light is basically the same.

<span style="font-size: medium;"]In real life, I completely failed to see where and how B&amp;W filters are ahead. Even in harsh lighting environment with the sun coming in front of me or being part of the image, I have had little additional flare issue with both filters - I'm so not able to justify the difference. I guess buying B&amp;W filters over Hoya Super HMCs is a waste of money; or at least the difference is so not worth twice of the price of a Hoya filter.

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Any thoughts?

<span style="font-size: medium;"]Ben