Thread: My first studio shoot, comments please (be nice)

My first studio shoot, comments please (be nice)

Please find following some photos my wife and I did of one of our local girls. Your comments would be appreciated. Thank you.[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_6222.JPG[/img]

50D with a nifty 50 1.8 @F10 ISO 100 1/200th

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_6276.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_6305.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_6346.JPG[/img]

Canon 50D 18-200mm @ 60mmF/9 ISO 100 1/200th

Lighting with D-Lite 4 to go

Re: My first studio shoot, comments please (be nice)

Not bad for a first studio shoot!! I like it: the pose is basic but it works well in most cases. be careful with cropping arms etc. In the second picture her arm looks huge to me. I personally like the last one best. It's not very standard but I like the sincerity of the unstaged laughter in her face.

Of the posed ones I prefer the first one. A nice basic portrait, well lit, no fuss. It works!

Looks pretty good to me.

I might have tried a little more fill light. I don't know if it would have been better, necessarily, but I would have tried it.

But what you've got is great, i think, regardless. Ditto on the like the last one best. Good content!

hmm. A Penguins jersey would make the last image shine lol

I have never shot with strobes so my suggestion may be ridiculous. On the second image, it looks like she layed absolutely horizontal to the camera.I would have tried angling her body at say 45 degrees between [parallel-the-camera] and [horizontal-the- camera]. I think the shoulder and arm position would look more natural and less distracting that way.

They look good though. I like number 1 and 4 the best. But you definitely could have used the Penguins jersey

Again, I've never done any studio or strobe lighting work, so someone tell me if I'm proposing ridiculous ideas, and take my suggestion with a grain of salt haha.

-Rodger

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Thank you for all your comments, it is greatly appreciated.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I adore this site and all of your comments, for an Ozzie like me it really does help tremendously down here down under.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I have learnt so much from you professionals and read the forums&rsquo; religiously.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] You have taught me so much, please keep up the good work.<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Scott<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]<o></o><st1:state><st1lace><span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Queensland</st1lace></st1:state><span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"], <st1:country-region><st1lace><span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Australia</st1lace></st1:country-region><span style="font-family: Verdana; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]<o></o>

<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]<span style="color: black; font-size: 14pt;"]Sorry ol mate not to sure what a <span lang="EN" style="color: #333333; font-size: 14pt; mso-ansi-language: EN;"]Penguins jersey is as my wife and I got these in Whistler BC when we were on holidays in December.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] We loved the country and the ice hockey, first I have ever seen, WOW, those guys are tough.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Thanks for your comments though, anything you need to know about Auatralia, or Queensland Out back in particular, just let me know, that&rsquo;s where I live.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Once again love this site and forum, thank you all so much.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Keep up the great work.<span style="color: black; font-size: 14pt;"]<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>