Thread: Wedding with 3 days to prepare

Wedding with 3 days to prepare

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman;"]Well here is the scenario.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] I got a phone call from a distraught bride on Wednesday to say that her photographer had come down with swine flu and could we shoot her wedding.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] My wife and I have done a bit of work around the place but had never contemplated a wedding.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] We were shi*ing ourselves.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] Well long story cut short, the wedding was on Saturday, three days to prepare, great.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Have a look at these few and tell me what you think.<span style="mso-spacerun: yes;"] 50D 24 &ndash; 105L f/4 IS USM, lens arrived on Friday afternoon and a borrowed 40D with a 17 -85 EFS f/4-5.6 IS USM which my wife used and had to get use toin12 hours before the wedding.
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<o><span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Let me know what you think, for a beginner.[]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Scott Wicks[&amp;][D]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"][img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_7464-web.JPG[/img]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_7489-web.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_3948-web.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.26.38/IMG_5F00_3858_5F00_edited_2D00_1-web.JPG[/img]

Re: Wedding with 3 days to prepare

nicely done i'd say!

That 50D kit you use is the exact same as what I use with that lens.
    I had a wedding last Friday, got another this Friday, and that kit works a treat!

Not bad fora beginner.

Shot #1: Get to the kids level. Get on your knees and shoot up to him so we can really see his facial expression.

Shot#2: Underexposed. Use fill lighting. Although it looks like you did based from her eyes. Could have increased the flash exposure and angled your flash differently.

Shot#3: I like this one. I'd get a gold reflector and have someone hold it from the right side of the subject. It'll warm up his face and brighten it up a bit.

Shot#4: Stay clear from selective coloring.

Anyhow, these are just my opinions. Hope this helps.

Looks good for a beginner.

Shot-2: Probably underexposed because the white dress fooled the light meter. Use some exposure compensation. Practice lots with your family. Dress them in white clothing and shoot normal, exposure compensation, etc... Be ready next time.

I have had otheres here tell me to stay clear of selective coloring but almost every bride ask me for it. Remember, the customer rules. Get to know your customer and what they like.
    Mark