Thread: Any news when 100mm Macro in stock?

Any news when 100mm Macro in stock?

hey All - just wondering if anyone's heard anything ...

I asked at B&H a few weeks ago but they had no idea, same with Adorama.

I'd rather not pay an extra $80 thru amazon - they seem to be the only ones who have it, but last I checked it was $570.

This thing has been mostly out of stock all summer so far...along with quite a few other Canon lenses. Wonder what's going on with them...

Re: Any news when 100mm Macro in stock?

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]Discontinued? Waiting on new Hybrid-IS Version? Macro applications are mentioned specifically in the press release:

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hybrid Image Stabilizer - Press Release

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]"Canon&rsquo;s newly developed Hybrid IS technology optimally compensates for angle and shift camera shake. Sudden changes in camera angle can significantly affect images taken during standard shooting, whereas shift-based shaking, which occurs when a camera moves parallel to the imaging scene, is more pronounced in macro photography and other close-range shooting."<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]

<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana;"]B&amp;H and Adorama have the best prices so maybe their inventory ran out sooner than the more expensive outlets?
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

[url="/blogs/photography-deals/archive/2009/07/20/canon-100mm-macro-refurb-399-95.aspx]http://community.the-digital-picture.com/blogs/photography-deals/archive/2009/07/20/canon-100mm-macro-refurb-399-95.aspx[/url]

This is an absolutely fantastic lens!! If this one isn't gone, I'd get it
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    Gone... []

Not that I had the money anyway. [] []
    T3i, Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8 L, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 430ex (x2), 580ex
    13.3" MacBook Pro (late '11 model) w/8GB Ram & 1TB HD, Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 9

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811
    Waiting on new Hybrid-IS Version?

Oh, I *hope* so. I would love to have an IS macro lens.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though. (After all, that would kill me).

I've just ordered the 100mm Macro at my photo store, ETA about two weeks.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Hybrid-IS Macro lens. For me, the Macro lens has amazing performance for a decent price. Even if they'd bring out a Hybrid-IS Macro lens, I suppose it'd be considerably more expensive than the current 100mm Macro lens.

It'd be a nice feature to have, but I don't want to shell out more money on a "fun" lens..

That's just me though

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead5811
    B&amp;H and Adorama have the best prices so maybe their inventory ran out sooner than the more expensive outlets?

Ya, that seems to be the deal. I found it at a few other stores in town - the least expensive was $529.99, basically like buying it without the canon discount. Not bad - but I enjoy going to B&amp;H so much - any excuse to walk around there is a good one! Both B&amp;H and Adorama are selling it for $490, so I suppose I'll wait...

One store owner I talked to said Canon normally ships quite a few units at the end of the month...