Page 43 of 343 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your best bird shots!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    WOW! Two fantastic shots, Bob & Joel!! Looks like the photography experience was well worth it for both of you!!

A few backyard bird shots for me today ...

IMG_2480 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

IMG_2452 by Denise Trocio, on Flickr

Also, when I was flipping thru my local Sunday morning paper there was a beautiful huge color photo of a Snowy Owl. I had to do a double-take ...it was my photo of a Snowy Owl!! They printed my photo and along with an article on why everyone is seeing so many this year. I was pretty thrilled ...had to go out and buy a few more copies of the paper!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    WOW! Two fantastic shots, Bob & Joel!! Looks like the photography experience was well worth it for both of yo

Also, when I was flipping thru my local Sunday morning paper there was a beautiful huge color photo of a Snowy Owl. I had to do a double-take ...it was my photo of a Snowy Owl!! They printed my photo and along with an article on why everyone is seeing so many this year. I was pretty thrilled ...had to go out and buy a few more copies of the paper!
    Very very nice images Denise, great work....congrats on getting published in paper, hope they credited you appropriately...publicity can't hurt!

Congrats Denise, that shot deserves as much attention as it is receiving, well done.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

@Joel and Bob, Hey, no doubt you guys had a great time! nice shots and waiting for more of your pictures!
    @ Denise, really nice pictures... and first you have got a job, second, your picture gets published in newspaper, I 'm guessing you may have the third good thing coming...., congratulations!

Thanks JJphoto ... we have had alot of fun and many subjects to fill memory cards .... this is another Sandhill Crane

[QUOTE=JJphoto;@ Denise, really nice pictures... and first you have got a job, second, your picture gets published in newspaper, I 'm guessing you may have the third good thing coming...., congratulations![/QUOTE]

Well, the photo in the paper was cool and yes, they did print my name under it but the job ...well, that turned out to be only part-time with no bene's so I'm still unemployed!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    so I'm still unemployed!
    I sure hate to hear this kind of bad news. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Mark

Ummm...wow....Bob, Joel and Denise...seriously great shots.

Denise...love the framing on the cardinal...

Bob, the harrier...framing, lighting and looking at the DOF in the ice...nailed it.

Joel...love the crane in flight....great focus on the body, lighting, colors but the detail around the eye. love the shot.

Keep 'em coming......

@ Kayaker---Thanks for the kind comments.
    @ Denise---Great cardinal and....I would love to see the photo they posted in your local newspaper.

Now for a little update: Joel came down this weekend for some bird shooting at the Bosque Del Apache. Wow, what a great guest, great person and great photographer. I learned a ton from him and my doors will always be open to him and his family. (Joel, Please give Debbie a big hug from me to thank her for letting you come down and play for the weekend). We were up at 4:00 am every morning to try and catch the good light and I think we did. Joel got some great shots of birds that weren't already in his collection (as did I) as well as some really nice landscapes. In the afternoons we spent time going through our shots, and Joel took the time to teach me some great photoshop processes that I will be using for a long time to come. Joel even got the chance to sample some of New Mexico's Red and Green Chile--when I remebered to feed him Out of the four days, we had 3 great days of shooting. On the fourth day, the weather changed and the birds weren't really cooperating with us, but we did manage a to get a few shots anyway. They only dissapointments were one large Harris's Hawk and one Juvi Bald Eagle that managed to elude the both of us---but hey, that's what next time is for. Here is a list of what we had to shoot at:

Sandhill Crane 12,000
    Snow Geese 22, 000
    Bald Eagles
    a variety of ducks
    Canadian Geese
    Northern Flickers
    American Kestrals
    Northern Harriers
    Red Tailed Hawks
    Coopers Hawks
    Lesser Goldfinches
    Deer
    Coyote
    Havelina

Not bad for a 4 day trip.

Here are a few of My shots and I am sure Joel will post more when he gets back home. Joel, I truly enjoyed and look forward to seeing some of your birds.

Ok Joel, Your turn
    Last edited by bob williams; 01-17-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Bob

All of your shots are really beautiful, Bob! Looks and sounds like you two spent an amazing 4 days together! Anytime you want to share some of those Photoshop tips, feel free to do so! Didn't we have a "how-to" photoshop thread going at some point? Anyway, I am so looking forward to seeing some more of Joel's shots and yours!!

BTW - This is the photo they printed in the newspaper. It actually looked pretty good blown up in newspaper color!

Snowy Owl by Denise Trocio, on Flickr