To be honest, I never even installed the program to see what it was capable of. I think even Bryan used it to convert his raw files over but can't promise that as my memory is a year older than it was last week. I was reading sooo much stuff at the time when I first started (way back in 2009) I lost track. I got the general idea from people more brilliant than I in other forums, that Canon made cameras and just offered up the DDP crap as a freebee, and Adobe Camera Raw (among others) were the programs of choice as their niche was software. It made sense at the time. After several recent posts from others talking about DDP (automatic adjustments to specific lens, etc.), it's starting to sound like it does more than what I originally gave it credit for especially considering what little I do with pictures. I'm still using Lightroom Beta and really don't use the catalog feature (which is pretty much the whole reason people use Lightroom2). I'm still in the early stages of picture-taking and would like not to drag a picture through three or four programs I'm unfamiliar with to reach the final result. My question is, how does DDP stack up with other programs in terms of basic adjustments (cropping, borders, signatures stamps, plug-insif needed,noise removal,and possible cloning or spot removal)?