Thread: Point and shoot choice

Point and shoot choice

My daughter is looking for a point and shoot that is water resistant.

Had a waterproof olympus, but I read poor reviews of the newer models on image quality

8010 8000 6020 6000 3000

Sony cyber shot TX 7 looks very cool but is it water resistant? does in camera HDR

Canon power shot d10 fits the bill and I am a canon addict, but is it cool?

Anyone have one of these.??

Re: Point and shoot choice

Check out the possibility of a Canon P&S plus a waterproof case. Canon makes a quality waterproof case for several of their P&S cameras. Then you get a better overall camera with the ability to add waterproofing when the need arises.

Canon SD960 and S90 are a couple examples of Canon cameras that have waterproof houses available.

Try the Sony TX5. I am pleased with the 720p HD video; looks great through the PS3 onto the plasma screen. I really like the auto pano sweep function. The HDR isn't really tonemapping like you'd get from Photomatix. It will combine 2 different exposures. It's best use would be taking a portrait near a bright window. I take this thing everywhere and use it daily. I love my Canon 7D with all the bells and whistles for more serious stuff. I wanted something as small as an iPhone that had better photo/video capabilities. I got mine from B&H for $329 with free delivery (special going on right now ). Toss in an 8 GB SD card and you should be set for some time.

here's a good review:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/TX5/TX5A.HTM?r=21110151