Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EF 14mm F2.8L II

Re: EF 14mm F2.6L II

Kind of on the subject...and a little off. I haven

Re: EF 14mm F2.8L II

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    MAYBE someone can talk me out of this madness...

I personally would love a wide angle prime like the 14mmL. I have shot a few times with a 10-22 zoom on a 50D andI felt like I only needed the 10mm part, since the rest of the zoomrange wasn't realy usefull while having an ultra-wide lens.

Now that I have a 5D, I have also had the need for a wider angle than the 24mm I'm limited to right now. I tried the Canon 17-40 and the Sigma 12-24. The Sigma was definitely in favor. I really like to have that extra ultra wide, without getting into fish eye. However at the time I needed a fast prime, so I went for that. But I did really like the 12mm and I think it would have gotten some very interesting compositions.

I personally think I would really like the 14mm prime [A] And if you look at some other reviews, it has a lot less distortion than the 16-35L. That might be just why you don't shoot a lot on 16mm, and others don't like the 10mm on their zooms[:P]

Anyway good luck with it. And if you were just looking for a fun 14mm, take a look at this one. It will make all your landscapes smile [] But it would make a great lens for ultra wide angle filming [A]