Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy and safe holiday, Neuro...

Happy and safe holiday, Neuro...

Just like to wish John and his family all the best for their China trip. [ip]

I enjoy his posts and feel as though we have all helped pack his hard case and discusse his len selection.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: Happy and safe holiday, Neuro...

Godspeed, John!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

Just like to wish John and his family all the best for their China trip. [img]/emoticons/emotion-59.gif[/img]

I enjoy his posts and feel as though we have all helped pack his hard case and discusse his len selection.

Steve
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Ditto! [Y]

Maybe for all our help, he'll book a few extra tickets &amp; take us along! [A]

Hmmm ...maybe not but hopefully he'll post plenty of photos for us to feel like we were there!!

Denise

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! The friendly advice here has certainly helped me prepare. I just hope the rest of our packing is as well planned...

We leave on Feb. 17th, and there's no telling how long it'll be before I manage to process all the pictures I plan to take...but I promise to post some after I get going on that!

Please be careful with said equipment, try not to *flash* it around. You
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

Thanks, Emilio! I've been to some very dodgy places, but never with this sort of gear. I know there will be times when the gear gets left in the room (I'd be carrying the 5DII, 24-105mm, and 430EX II as a limited selection, or no dSLR and only the S95 on some occasions). My plan is to leave it in the Pelican Storm im2500, locked with a pair of SearchAlert locks. Worst case scenario, no matter what I'll always have one camera on my person, and all my gear is insured.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    all my gear is insured.

That is all I was gonna say. Have fun on your trip! Hope to see some great shots when you get back!

Dave.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

John

You have the tools and technology. Were expecting to see some awesome pics from you. Have fun.

On the Insurance note, just to pass on my own recent experience. It pays to read the policy. The agent keeps telling me yea youre covered, so I read the fine print to make sure. My policy says each individual piece of camera equipment has to be listed on the policy for it to be covered, the basic personal protection policy only covers it to a few thousand other wise. I sent a list of my inventory, and they sent a confirmation I was covered but its still not listed right on the policy so I have to call them again tomorrow. Mine says I am covered any where the insurance is in force? According to the agent that is any where in the world. But I do not believe the agent

Good luck, Neuro! Above all, have fun and maybe find a way to feed us pics here and there.

Sounds like you have your gear pretty well covered and secured. Other word of advice, don