Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe what I saw today!

Re: I can't believe what I saw today!

Thanks, Joel! I really appreciate it!

I will work on a few more tonight using that formula!

Have a great day!

Denise

No problem, I noticed that you are probably using "save for web" because the resolution was only 72 pixels/inch. That doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade

No problem, I noticed that you are probably using "save for web" because the resolution was only 72 pixels/inch. That doesn't allow much to be done as far as reprocessing goes.

I never intentionally save it that way. I will have to see where & why it is grabbing that ...if it's from DPP? Photoshop Elements? Or from when I carry it over from flickr?

Denise

5. Create Reveal all layer mask and then paint the eagle back in

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Joel

For those of us that are Still learning PS, how do you paint the eagle back in? I am not familiar with using mask. I do not think this can be done in PSE which I am use to. I am doing a 30 day trial of PS so working with masks is new to me.

Mark
    Mark

After you process the original image and do your final sharpening you then create a duplicate layer and run the gaussian blur or noise reduction after that....

1. Go to layer &gt; create layer mask &gt; reveal all

2. This creates a mask on the duplicate layer that allows the layer to be seen, what we want is to see the sharpened eagle on the original layer so ... we are going to use the brush tool (set to black and 100% opacity) to "paint" the eagle on the layer mask.

3. This essentially creates a "hole" in the mask so the eagle from the original image (which is sharp) can now be seen against the slightly blurred background.

4. Once you are finished you go to layer &gt; flatten image and it all collapses to one layer.

PS : you can easily and quickly adjust your brush size using the bracket keys ... [ makes it smaller and ] makes it bigger

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Joel

For those of us that are Still learning PS, how do you paint the eagle back in? I am not familiar with using mask. I do not think this can be done in PSE which I am use to. I am doing a 30 day trial of PS so working with masks is new to me.

Mark
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

It didn't work for me! [] Maybe elements is different or maybe this PSE newbieshould stick to DPP but I painted &amp; paintedand my eagle stayed blurry. [:$]

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Joel

Mark

It didn't work for me! [img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img] Maybe elements is different or maybe this PSE newbieshould stick to DPP but I painted &amp; paintedand my eagle stayed blurry. [img]/emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]

Denise

I have PSE-9 and a 30 day trial of PS CS. I can not find a Create Reveal all layer mask in PSE but I can find it in CS but can not figure out how to use it.

Mark
    Mark

To selectively blur in PSE, I do this:

Load image
    Layer/Duplicate Layer (it will make the new layer the active layer)
    Uncheck the eye next to the new layer (Only see the background)
    select the background layer
    Filters/Blur/Gaussian
    Recheck the eye next to the new layer (see both layers. New layer will block the blurred layer underneath)
    Select the new layer
    Select the eraser brush, and an appropriate brush stroke (hard or soft edge, size, depends on what you're doing)
    Erase the parts you want blurred, and the blur layer underneath will show through.

PSE, is a bit stupid at times. If you uncheck the eye on the background because you want to more clearly see what's erased or not, you can't paint in that state. It doesn't actually erase properly, and instead paints colors into the new layer. To get around this, you can put a third layer between the blurred background and your un-blurred partially erased image. If you put a solid color, you'll be able to see what you've erased more clearly. Simply check and uncheck the eye on this middle layer to show it or the blur underneath.

On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Joel,

I missed your post because it went to page two. I saw how to Create Reveal all layer mask in CS but dummy me missed it in PSE. I see it now. The more I learn in CS I find PSE can do the same things. The few tools I see in CS that are not in PSE so far are not worth the cost to upgrade. Still learning so not giving up yet.

thanks joel

Mark
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

Joel

Mark

It didn't work for me! [img]/emoticons/emotion-6.gif[/img] Maybe elements is different or maybe this PSE newbieshould stick to DPP but I painted &amp; paintedand my eagle stayed blurry. [img]/emoticons/emotion-10.gif[/img]

Denise

Denise,

Try again. Like me, you are probably just missing a simple step. It is pretty easy actually.

Mark
    Mark