Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photographers passes... press passes..

Photographers passes... press passes..

As someone who is always respectful of privacy and security concerns, I still would like to stand out from the photo snapping throng. I have stayed away in floods and never put myself in harms way, but I would like toidentify myself more readily at public events.

I would like advice on photographer passes or ID. Does somebody have a template they would like to share. I have Googled this before and never came up with anything that I was happy with.

I am going to large public event soon and would like to have something around my neck that at least shows my intentions and identifies me as someone "seriously trying" to take good photos.

A recent large event I went to enlisted the public as official photographers by giving each person a vest, this next event doesn't have that option.

Iwas considering something like an officialFlickr Photog Correspondant or TDP Image Consultant.

Appreciate any thoughts, concerns, suggestions and templates.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: Photographers passes... press passes..

You could try something like this. ;-)

Sean

I think I would consult my attorney before I went out with that one. I would hate to get a visit from someone that had the REAL identification.

Where Steve is though he might be able to get away with it.

Yeah, the creator of that particular ID used to provide a downloadable .eps file so that you could customize it. However, on advice from legal council, he terminated the link. But honestly, you couldcreate anID Badge with some hint of legitimacy (official looking, but with a bogus group or entity) and most won't give you a second look.

Keep in mind that my personal view is thatthe vast majority of security personnel are generally ignorant of basic civil liberties and the laws associated with preserving them. Sometimes you have to usesomewhat questionable techniques (morally, not necessarily legally,speaking) to ensure the liberties you're supposed to have regardless.

Old school?

you always have a good response..... Perk

Just do it like this guy and you will remove all doubt.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/460x581/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/6052.photographers3_5B00_3_5D00_.jpg[/img]

Get yourself a golf type collared shirt and have your logo/name embroidered on or have it screen printed small to the right or left where pockets usually are on the front. On the back have screen printed in large black letters event photographer and under that in smaller text the website where pics can be seen (www.seeyourpichere). If you make a badge you could have major issues with the event promoters unless you know them or you have pre authorization. I had the newspaper where I worked years ago make me up shirts like this as I covered a lot of events for their website where they sold the images.

Thanks guys for the insight, I didn
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Steve, do you want the Photoshop PSD file for this? Just drop in a 1 1/4" square mug shot of yourself and change the name...it's the standard badge size of 2 5/16" x 3 1/2".