Thread: Wedding Shooter... by a rookie

Wedding Shooter... by a rookie

I was asked to shoot a friends son's wedding yesterday. I was first shooter for this one, I have "back-up", "second shooter" and so on before but I was the go to guy yesterday.

The good thing for me was that the couple were married in Denmark a few months ago and this was a re-affirming of vows for the Australian families and friends. Still invitations, ceremony, celebration, cake, party and pictures. I thought well they've done it once so how much pressure can there be. I was told they were very easy going, so I started to relax. I was then told that the Daqnish pictures didn't really turn out that well, so I started to panic.

But the couple were very relaxed, they just wanted to have a good time and made my job very easy. He is an Ausiie and as laid back as they come. She is Danish, very photogenic, hates make-up, didn't care about her hair and was just a joy to work with.
    I had fun and learnt a lot, here a few images from the day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T&M_1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T&M_2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	T&M_6.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maria_1.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	271

Thanks for viewing.
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Fantastic, Steve! I especially like the processing you did on the last one of just her! They all are very nice and I wouldn't be surprised if you start doing this alot more often as the main photographer. You are obviously very good at it!

Denise

I wouldn't shoot a wedding for a million, no amount of money is not worth the risk of upsetting a bride.

Tony
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Great job Steve. I suspect the are going to be very pleased with their Aussie photographer.

Steve - Beautiful shots. I especially like the B&W's.

Pat
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Steve.....The wedding pixs are magnificent....Well done mate

Wally

I like your photos Steve! I bet they will be happy.
    If I've learnt one thing from my sister...her photographer never took a shot of my sister in her whole dress. Any way, in your case this wasn't very hard to do(short dress), but things like that are important.
    I absolutely love the posing and the processing in the last photo. It looks great. I must say, I don't know if I'd personally would have vignetted over her arms so much though.

Well done Steve!

Thank you for the comments guys, it was a very low key affair and perfect for a beginner like me.
    At the reception while I do love primes, a good zoom and "bounced flash" was invaluable.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

You're right about the primes Steve. They seem perfect for some things, but on others they simply do not work.