22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vier Image Studios

16 72.73%
  • Beacon Image Studios

6 27.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion is needed. :)

Your opinion is needed. :)

Okay guys. I have been getting busier with my photography. I'm starting to get a client base and it's becoming obvious that I could (WANT, REALLY REALLY WANT) to take it another step further.

I have been working with a local graphic design studio on my branding, and there are a couple of options kicking around, so I'm getting as much feedback as possible, from as many people as possible right now.

Imagine you were looking for a photographer. You had two business cards in your hands. Which of these are you compelled to call first? Which grabs you. Don't think on it too much, please. Looking for first impressions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VIER LOGO - Boss Graphic.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	370 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEACON LOGO - Boss Graphics.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	371

After making your choice, why did you decide on it?

Thanks!

-Rocco
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

My vote goes for the first one. I just like the clean and professional look of it more than the beacon version.

G'day Rocco, I voted for Beacon because;
    1. It has more of an association with light
    2. Beacon also has a connection with first or leader or ahead of the game.
    3. Your business card says "imagery" not image studios, there is a clarification needed there.
    4. Alphabetically it is ahead of Vier (though Vier has an "edgy" feel to it)
    5. I think you have room to grow with the Beacon light iluminating a model or a photog or wherever you choose to take it. Don't forget the rule of thirds with business card design.
    Good luck with it.
    Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I prefer the first too (qwRad, it looks like you didn't actually vote on the poll, since I'm the only one who voted Vier at the moment).

The Beacon one just screams clipart to me, whether it's custom art or not. And that impression make me feel as though you're not a high-end professional.

I like "Vier Image Studios" the best. I like the clean-cut nature of it.

Congrats too on taking your photography up a few notches!

Damian

I like the first one, clean and simple, keep it to the point. If I was hiring I would want to see your portfolio not a fancy card.

The second just doesn't say photographer to me, unless you are a lighthouse photographer then maybe it is ok. The other problem I have with the second is it is obviously a piece of art work that is not your own, and it doesn't really represent your work. If you have an "image studio" and you put an image on your card shouldn't it be one you created not someone else's.

Definitely the first one. I look at it this way--a logo is something that should look good on a business card or a watermark. In order for it to look good as a watermark, it needs to be relatively simple and not take up too much real estate. I like the simple, clean layout of the first one.

First one. Simple and clean and professional looking. The sun in the beacon one reminds me of the WWII Japanese rising sun!

I prefer the first due to its simplicity. The lighthouse is busy and would detract as a watermark. IMHO.

Best wishes!
    There is beauty in simplicity.

1DX | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 50/1.2L | 70-200/2.8L IS II | 100L Macro | 100-400L II | 300/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 2x III TC | 580EX II | MT-24EX | lots of stuff

Hi, I also like the clean Vier logo best.

Maybe you already thought of it but I did a quick check on google translate - the letter combination "vier" doesn't seem to mean anything bad/improper in any of the covered languages and that's a bonus. (In most languages it has no direct meaning but in some languages it has. The one I knew was the German number four, but there were also some neutral or somewhat positive words in other languages. For example, in Slovakia Vier means Beliefs.)