Thread: Canon R3

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Warning: humor intended. Read at your own risk. You have been warned.

Another reason is 8k displays are gonna be more common in the future and it be future proofing your images or vids.
    Yes, I should probably delete all the images of my first child taken with a 4 MP camera and the standard definition videos of her birth and first steps because they just weren’t future proof. All your 1Ds III shots must also be deleted as well, of course. 21 MP is just too low. In fact, that’s true of 50 MP as well. The Phase One XF IQ4 has a 150 MP sensor, but if we’re all being honest here the only real possible option for anyone who cares about image detail and future proofing is the Hasselblad H6D-400C Multi-Shot that can produce composited images at 400 MP. Don’t settle for less, anything else is a compromise.

Egad, I just had a horrible thought. When 3D images become the norm, all of this 2D crap will need to be deleted, too…even the 400 MP stuff.

But you know, we watched an old Christmas movie on DVD last week…gasp, yes – DVD. Pathetically low 480i resolution source played back on a 4K TV. Astoundingly, we managed to suffer through it without anyone complaining about the abysmal quality. So perhaps there’s at least a shred of hope for all of us poor, blighted souls who aren’t shooting at 400 MP.

/sarcastic rant
    Last edited by neuroanatomist; 01-02-2022 at 02:45 AM.