Getting close now. We're fortunate here, the weather forecast for northern Vermont is clear and sunny (though this is New England where they say, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes,"). Looks like much of the rest of the US path has less of a chance of clear weather.

I'm planning to use the R3 with the 600/4 II + 1.4xIII with the Baader ASTF 140 filter, mounted on the RRS TVC-33 with a side gimbal. We have eclipse glasses for the whole family, the Canon 10x42L binos with Baader ASBF 50 filters, and a couple of Nocs Provisions 8x32 monoculars with eclipse filters that the kids can look through and/or use for digiscoping with their phones.

My daughter has decided not to bring her telescope, so I have a 'spare' Baader ASTF 120 filter, thinking about what (if anything) to do with that. It will fit the hood of the 100-300/2.8, so I could set that up with the 2x TC on my travel tripod (RRS TQC-14)...but honestly one camera is probably sufficient, and I was planning to use the travel tripod for the 10x42L binoculars (I have a little Hejnar plate on it that used to go on my M/M2 but I don't use on the M6/M6II since the dedicated Acratech M5/M6 plates fit better). I could mount it in front of a camcorder and video the eclipse in addition to taking photos.

Mike, any results from playing with your full spectrum camera? I have a full spectrum M6 (along with a UV bandpass and several IR longpass filters). Given the discussion above, I could clamp the ASTF 120 to a tripod leg (i.e. held in a Justin clamp connected to an RRS multiclamp on the leg) and shoot through it with the M6 handheld (or tripod-mounted). I haven't had a chance to play with that with the sun, and we may not have sun here until Monday anyway.

Certainly, I plan on just viewing the eclipse with binoculars and with eyes using regular eclipse glasses (and not, during the totality) – I don't want to spend the whole time looking through/at the camera.

Brant, are you heading north? We're likely going to Newton, VT.