Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
Wouldn't it be the same as using live view. I did live view on all the shots with the 500mm on the last one.
I would think with the high frame rate of the R3 you will can have quite a few shots through total. Or just one or so at 196 fps.
What I'm wondering specifically, is how the image would look in the viewfinder for a mirrorless camera, if you compared it to a DSLR side by side. The EVF is giving a 'TV screen' view of the scene, whereas the DSLR is showing you the real McCoy. For most scenes they look pretty similar, but a solar eclipse is a very unique situation with incredible dynamic range. I expect that the actual photos each camera will produce will be quite similar, but for anyone who has taken a picture of a solar eclipse already knows, the picture doesn't come anywhere near to what it actually looks like through the optical viewfinder (or binoculars). So my question is whether the EVF will have similar limitations, such that you're perhaps better off viewing the eclipse through binoculars while taking photos with the mirrorless camera, just so you don't miss out on the full experience.