Thread: Inexpensive Background Support Systems

Inexpensive Background Support Systems

Can anyone suggest an inexpensive background support system?

For example how about something like this :Interfit Background Support System

Bryan recommends theManfrotto by Bogen Imaging Background Support Systembut it's more than I want to spend on something that will spend most its time in my closet. Usually I don't like to cheap out on gear but this falls into that category of things I'd like to have but won't necessarily use very frequently.

Re: Inexpensive Background Support Systems

The interfit looks better than a junky SP I've been using. I'm not complaining though, someone gave it to me.

If you're okay with DIY check this out.

If you're looking for a professionallookingsolution, probably not the way to go. But that site has a ton of cool DIY solutions for almost anything.

Hope I helped,

Rodger

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger

If you're okay with DIY check [url="http://www.diyphotography.net/homestudio/blz/home-made-cheap-diy-backdrop-stand]this[/url] out.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Now that guy is creative! I think I am going to go with store bought though If I had a space where I could leave something up all the time that might be the way to go though since PVC is pretty cheap.

"If you're okay with DIY check this out."

This looks great. My only caution is the wood box with recepticles and dimmers in it. A fire hazard and a violation of the National Electric Code. I do a lot of DYI and support it but lets keep it safe as well.

Mark
    Mark

Most of my work has been location-based so I've only needed something light and this has been fine for me... a couple sand bags help the stability (it's a little rickety) but the price is right. Not sure I'd trust it with Muslins but for seamless it gets the job done