Hey everyone!

I am looking for some advice as I am somewhat new to the business-side of photography. Here in Montpellier, France, there is a giant Facebook meeting where people get together and drink. Very weird..... but the page has about 14,000 people that say they're attending. The mayor doesn't even want them to be here, but it's been approved and IS happening. Now, my curiosity will force me to check it out - though not for the drinking since I'm not a big drinker.

Is there an opportunity here? What I mean is... if I go and take photos and pass out my business card, will people even care? First of all, these are photos that they can easily take themselves with their pocket-cameras. Plus, they'll be drunk (probably) so maybe they won't care or lose my card or whatnot. Once they went to my website, I'd either allow them to order cheap prints or a very cheap digital download off the site, or just make them free but with my website name in the corner of the photo (just to get my name out).

So, my question is this: Should I charge for the photos, give them out with my website name on them, or just forget it and not even do it? Or is there an alternative I'm not thinking of?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

- Jordan Murphy

www.freshphoto-du-sud.fr

www.freshphotohawaii.com